lørdag, desember 01, 2012

December


It is December, and it is about time to start thinking about Christmas in earnest. Even though, truth be told, I have given it some thought, on and off, for quite some time now. Every year I plan to be all ready for Christmas by December 1st, and every year I fail...


Never mind... at least I have started with my most favourite bit. The decorating. And first off is our bedroom. I am sure you are inclined to think it not to be the obvious choice. But who cares... all the more fun.


Not that I have actually gone overboard with the decorating, just the same old favourites, year after year. And my favourites tend to be the replica Victorian angels, in the window, and hanging from my trusty old stockings, at the end of our bed.


So what would be new this year...? Nothing much, really. The cable knit cushion from earlier this autumn has found its way to our bed. I quite like the look of the chunky woolly knit along with the pretty lace and the delicate silk cushion. The rough with the smooth, so to speak.


And that´s about it. With these cute angel faces, who really needs anything else...?

13 kommentarer:

Geli sa...

Hello Mia! So beautiful! I love it! I wish you a nice weekend! Geli

Anonym sa...

Nice bed, I love all the cushions, I also I have in my bed but not so many, my husband says they are annoying stuff lol, my husband is not shabby chic jejeje. best regards from spain. Ava.

Needle little Balance sa...

Same here. The advent-decorating goal was met but the homemade presents are still in the stage of making...

Katy Noelle sa...

One year, I had all the shopping done and everything wrapped by Thanksgiving (third Thursday in November) - Oh! It was grand.... alas....only once! =/ It's funny, I think that we all do need a strategy for Christmas. It just won't happen in one big bang - it takes time - and I love that about it. I think that I might like the season of Advent better than the actual day which always goes by in a busy and tiring rush (for mom's, anyway. ;)) I love the singing in the choir practices, decorating the tree and the open house that I do the week before Christmas. So many happy memories, there!

Your start is simple, festive, fresh and very pretty! What more could one want? Wonderful, happy sweetness! =]

xxo

thriftwood sa...

It all looks very lovely Mia! I am usually very organised ... not this year, unfortunately! Am sure I'll get there in the end ...

Love Claire xx

Puschkalina sa...

Hello Mia,
I really love your blog♥ and all the pretty things in your home.
Your bedroom is well prepared for christmas. I love angels♥ Please can you make a photo from the "window" angels?? Best wishes from Germany, have a nice Advent, Puschi♥

Butterfly sa...

God adventssøndag Mia :0)
Godt det ikke er for mange regler når det gjelder juleforberedelsene. Jeg er tilhenger av en overordnet plan og deretter går det etter innfallsmedtoden ;0)

Det er jo merkelig nok slik at det vi ønsker og hva vi faktisk rekker ikke bestandig henger sammen, det viktige er at vi har det hyggelig mens det pågår :0)

Synes det er hyggelig at du begynner med soverommet, viktig å ta vare på seg selv i det hele, så da er det helt logisk å begynne der :0)

Englene dine er skjønne og julestrømpene, ja, de er så vakre og får det til å ile i kreativiteten :0) Puten er så flott og passer godt inn i det hele, gir en strukturkontrast til resten og virker lun og innbydende!

Ønsker deg en deilig søndag :0)

Klem fra Yvonne

Irene sa...

Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing.
irene
xxxx

Dawn sa...

I love the muted colours and that crochet bed throw is amazing, your stockings and angel faces are a lovely touch. You know I have never ever thought of knitting a cushion cover sew yes crochet yes but knitted? no and I also love the effect you have created with the various textures xx

Mia sa...

Hi Pusckalina!

Thank you for your sweet comment. It is much appreciated ;-)

As for a closer photo of the angels in the window, if you click on the link "Victorian angels" in this entry, you get to a previous one, where (after scrolling down a bit) you can see a close up of the pretty angels.

Siddis back home sa...

Så nydelig hos deg, Mia! Ha en fin uke!

Tante Titti sa...

Dette var virkelig lekkert.
Nydelige bilder fra ett nydelig soverom. Jeg er så glad i hekla sengetepper.
Ønsker deg en fin fin adventstid.
Titti-klem!

gillyflower sa...

Your bedroom looks so restful and pretty Mia - I love the stockings with the Victorian angels tags.
Gill xx